Currently, I am "angry" w/my #LLBFF because she is sick and cannot talk; therefore, I will write about her and make her feel guilty.
Many of you know her, but since I have not checked with her, she shall remain nameless; however, there is a lovely partial pick of her chewing on my foot in my profile pic.
At our previous company, we purposely made scenes which were covertly unprofessional, but no one could report us...we loved it. We were warned back in the days of myspace that everyone thought we were drunks.
Actually, you stupid MFs, it's called binge drinking, and we were the team leaders. Obnoxious, but we didn't learn that until later.
But, I am digressing.
When I was younger, I had an awesome cousin from our motherland #Honolulu that I worshipped that ground she walked upon. I lost her several years ago when she wasn't even forty. I was always mesmerized by the relationship she had with her best friend that was 12 years younger (I adored her as well). I used to wonder how the age difference affected their friendship, but it was a waste of time b/c it never did.
My soon-to-be #LLBFF entered my life not long after the aforementioned. She was young and 12 years younger than I. It didn't take long to decide I liked her, despite the fact that she had a rep for being bubbly and I was the successful, yet albeit pessimist.
Several months into our friendship, she slid in that she was slowly coming out of the closet (again). I panicked, as I had two very bad experiences w/lesbians and I stayed very far away from them. Slowly, but surely, I started to accept, learn and respect her choices.
One of my favorite rumors at work is the she, her partner and I were caught in a love triangle.
We sure were...as the three of us fell in the best friendship love anyone could ask.
A couple of years into our friendship we soon learned that we shared several mental madness that were opposite of one another, and we were rarely on the same page.
Did it cause problems? Yes, and it still does. We actually went 5 months not talking last year over CARPOOLING. Rifuckingdiculous. Anyway, during that time I "pretended" to be OK; however, when I want to be, I am a great actress and liar...so is she.
But, during our 4-hr conversation in February, there were tears, admissions (a lot of them the same), and a decision to NOT suck each other into our opposite times of needs in less it was totally necessary...which it has been. Fortunately, she has a wonderful wife that keeps us balanced, and she is my "LH" (lesbian husband). Of course, by proxy, we didn't talk for 5 months as well...no explanation needed.
I was soon to learn that neither stopped loving me in the only way that deep, deep friendships can.
Did I mention she had a son? He has known me his entire memory. He was THE most beautiful baby I had ever seen, and I don't care for children unless they are well-behaved. It was amazing to her that I would come over, steal him from her arms and love on her like he was my own. He has developed into a little adult and when we made up, we surprised him after school one day. Backpacked attached, he screamed my nickname and flung himself into my arms and I almost cried.
There was a year in our life that we hardly remember (OMG, when I write about that, it will take hours), but for different reasons. Our tab would be in triple digits and I never knew b/c her now wife would pay for our Mich ULTRA trademark. But, I would like to add that we owned this bar, and they loved us, especially the night we decided to show everyone our lovely boobies.
Did I mention that we are vain and photo whores? I wish that Subway hadn't poisoned her and I could publish some, but I can't without her permission.
To date, when we signed back on the dotted BFF line, we understood there would still be fights, we would still have to "take breaks" from one another b/c we had a mantra of "We are one and one are we..." We used to write poetry to one another at work bc we were so awesome at our jobs we had plenty of time to spare.
I could go on and on (and I will in another blog about our binge drinking days, and love of pills), but, again, the little heffa is still sick and has text-messaged me repeatedly (in a nice way) to stop harassing her.
She is my BFF for life...my beautiful, smart little sister that I love with all of my heart. She is smart, funny and we have a pleasant sick sense of humor that we don't give a fuck if anyone but us understand.
Since we are no longer employed at our previous company, we are confident that we are urban legends. Absolutely no doubt, as HERS ruled the call center. (HERS will be explained at another time).
So, in closing, I hope any reader that happens to run across this blog is fortunate enough to have someone in their life that they love with all of their and soul that takes care of them when they are weak, sad and consumed by mental illness. She is rabid when it comes to me and I actually feel sorry for the recipient on the other end of the capitalized words she can spit out in minutes.
I wouldn't trade her for the world.
TE (another secret joke).
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment